Not only that, but the festival has earned a reputation for its fun, creative, and independent vibe that represents Austin’s thriving and supportive arts community. Please check out our long list of previous performers.
Accepted acts/groups will get:
- A Performer’s Pass good for free entry to any two shows, including headliners
- A deeply discounted Pass Upgrade for entry to all shows
- A free official 2015 t-shirt
- A discounted rate on downtown hotel accommodations
- Discounts on local restaurant and bars in close proximity to festival venues
- Automatic entry in the OoB Miniature Golf Tournament
- Advance opportunities to sign up for workshops. See last year’s workshops.
- Publicity on our web site and press packets
- Access to discounted advertising
- At least one performance spot in one of the nation’s biggest independent comedy festivals
- An excuse to come to Austin, TX
- Opportunities to perform in other pick-up shows like ZEDtalks, Maestro, Fancy Pants Mashup, Stool Pigeon, various jams, etc.
Items to be submitted:
- Proof of Paypal Payment (transaction ID, receipt #…see above)
- Completed Submissions Form
- A link to a video of a live performance of a recent performance (20 minutes minimum for sketch & improv, 5 minutes minimum for standup.) The clips can be longer than this, but have to be at least the minimum. Filmed sketches and other fully-edited videos are not accepted. Please make sure that at least 75% of the performers in the video would be performing in the festival.
- A quality digital photo (at least 500px wide, JPEG,PNG, PDF, or TIFF format) of your ensemble to be used by Out of Bounds for promotional purposes & trading cards, should your act be chosen to perform. Close-ups are preferred.
- Any additional press materials you would like included in our publicity packet.
- $20 non-refundable early application fee. Applications without completed payment will not be processed.
- Early Applications must be in by Mar. 22nd, 2015 at 11:59pm. Late registration applications ($30) go until April 30th at 11:59pm.